We're recruiting at The Wildlife Trust of South and West Wales' Parc Slip Visitor Centre and Nature Reserve in Bridgend. We're looking for a Coffee Shop Assistant.
Overall Purpose of the Job
- To deliver and maintain a high standard of service and customer care
- To serve at the counter, including taking orders, making drinks, preparing food, selling Trust gifts, and accurate cash handling
- Responsible for the Coffee Shop seating area and counter, including clearing tables. Ensuring that the areas are kept to a high standard of cleanliness and hygiene in line with EHO guidelines.
- Organise and control the efficient production of quality drinks and beverages
- Oversee the efficient and economic production of quality food.
- To lead the Coffee Shop volunteer team on duty days.
- Promotion of the Wildlife Trust’s aims and membership
- To comply with Food Hygiene and Health and Safety legislation
- To be the Coffee Shop Assistant and supervise the volunteer team on duty days, ensuring that the high standard of housekeeping and cleaning are adhered to and that any orders are placed
Front of House
- Maintain high standards of cleanliness and hygiene by ensuring other staff and volunteers are following procedures, adhering to cleaning schedules and following EHO guidelines
- To assist with general cleaning of the Visitor Centre as required
Drinks and Food Production
- Prepare and serve high-quality drinks, and food in a timely manner ensuring that good portion control is carried out
- Work closely with the PSVC Catering Supervisor & Management Team to control stock levels for all drinks and food, ensuring that stock rotation is carried out at each delivery.
- To assist with food preparation as required
- Ensure that a high level of customer service is maintained by being helpful, courteous and knowledgeable about products sold and building customer loyalty with regular visitors
- Work closely with the PSVC Catering Supervisor & Management Team by communicating regularly and implementing systems
- To assist with deliveries, washing up and waiting on tables when necessary
- Upselling additional food and drink products
- To undertake other duties appropriate to the post that may be requested from time to time by the Line Management
- Promotion of the Wildlife Trust whenever possible
Find the full PSWTVC Coffee Shop Assistant Job description.
Please complete an application form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for application is Sunday 24th June.