Summer Holidays at The Welsh Wildlife Centre are so much fun - there is no chance to get bored! Fantastic theatre productions, pond dipping, clay animal creations, bush craft - what a fantastic time to be had! And if you aren't lucky enough to live near by the Welsh Wildlife Centre you can always stay at our gorgeous little cottage on the nature reserve Oak Tree Cottage - The Cwtch
- Mondays: Pond dipping: Enjoy exploring & learning about the life that inhabits both above and below the surface of our wildlife pond. 11am, 12pm & 2pm: Cost £3 per child
- Tuesdays: Nature Story Walks with Milly Jackdaw: 11.30am to 12.30pm: Cost: £3 per child but it’s FREE for under 5’s!. Milly will be telling stories from a wonderful selection of nature based tales whilst wandering through our treasure trove of trails. Some classic tales include Finn & The Deer Wife, The Salmon of Wisdom, The Toad under The Tree, The Stolen Egg and More..!
- ALSO Woodland Creations: Enjoy an empowering afternoon learning how to use to tools to make greenwood pencils & elderberry tribal wear. 2pm to 4pm Cost: £5 per child.
- Wednesdays: Wildlife Themed Arts N Crafts: Attend one of our weekly sessions and enjoy making clay animals, slate painting, butterfly feeders and More. 11am to 1pm & 2pm to 4pm Cost: £3 per child
- Thursdays: Bush Craft: 2pm to 4.30pm: Enjoy building shelters, making fire by friction; learning how to identify a number of trees and what their uses are in bush craft; cordage making with the inner bark of willow and the stem fibres of nettles to make strong primitive string or even try your hand at Atlatl Dart throwing using practice bamboo darts (spears) & more: Cost: £5 per person
Other Dates for The Diary…
Thurs Aug 14: Bat Walk led by Howard Jones & an opportunity to use bat detection equipment: 8pm. Cost: £2.50 per child & £5 per adult.
OUTDOOR PERFORMANCES FROM THEATRE MWLDAN
July 31: Illyria’s Pirates of Penzance: 7.30pm
Aug 10: Illyria’s Robin Hood: 4pm
Aug 19: Illyria’s Macbeth: 7.30pm
Aug 31: Ilyria’s George’s Marvellous Medicine: 4pm
Bank Holiday Mon Aug 25: Birds of Prey: 2pm: Please join Pant Glas Birds of Prey for a fascinating afternoon of both observation and handling of a variety of birds of prey including amazing owls, sparrow and harris hawks and more! Cost: £2.50 per child £4 per adult. Booking Advised
For bookings & further information please contact us on 01239 621600 and follow our Facebook events page