The original education centre built here by the Coal Board in 1994 has been totally transformed. In May 2013, a new Visitor Centre was opened where people of all ages can learn more about our wonderful wildlife we have here in South Wales.
Based on the beautiful Parc Slip Nature Reserve, the centre is a hive of wildlife events and activities and an information hub for the other nature reserves you can visit in the South Wales area.
The Parc Slip Wildlife Trust Visitor Centre is open from 10am to 4pm, Tuesday to Sunday. Entry is FREE to the Visitor Centre and Nature Reserve.
• The Coffee Shop is a relaxing and friendly environment with a full menu including sandwiches, wraps, cakes and hot and cold drinks.
• Toilets(including disabled) and baby-changing facilities.
• Over 10km of footpaths throughout the reserve including a number of circular walks and picnic areas on accessible footpaths.
• Regular wildlife events and activities, educational talks and lectures(please see events page for more details)
• There are a number of hides on the reserve overlooking different habitats for viewing wildlife.
• The Discovery Room, which overlooks the nature reserve, is a place for community, school and university groups to use to further their understanding and enjoyment of the natural world. New educational facilities coupled with incredible wildlife will help encourage the next generation of conservationists.
• Free car parking
Coach parties are very welcome at Parc Slip Nature Reserve and Visitor Centre and special arrangements are available when coaches book in advance, such as prepared food and guided walks. For more information or to book in a coach party to Parc Slip please contact Lorna Baggett via email@example.com or 01656 724100
Holding your own event at the centre
To find out more about hiring facilities at our reserve contact us on Parc Slip Information or 01656 724100 for more details.
Where is it?
From Junction 36 of the M4, at the roundabout take the exit onto the A4063 towards Maesteg. Go through two sets of traffic lights, then at the roundabout, take the second exit onto the B4281 (signposted Aberkenfig and Pyle), following the brown duck tourist sign for Parc Slip. After approximately one mile, turn right at the Fountain Restaurant onto Fountain Road, still following the brown duck signs. Parc Slip Nature Reserve and Wildlife Trust Visitor Centre is on your left after approximately half a mile.
Please be aware that the satellite navigation systems may direct you onto New Road. The Visitor Centre is located on Fountain Road (signposted Fountain).
Parc Slip Wildlife Trust Visitor Centre