30 Days Wild was a huge success and we had lots of WILD content to help you partake in 30 Random Acts of Wildness in June. Here's a recap of what we got up to..
We went WILD about Parc Slip Nature Reserve and Visitor Centre with Iolo Williams and Lizzie Daly!
If you missed it, don't worry, you can catch up on our YouTube Channel! Here's what #WildAboutParcSlip LIVE event and broadcast had to offer:
- We chatted about what it means to be a #ValleysRegionalPark Discovery Gateway
- We explored the fascinating world of reptiles and amphibians on the reserve
- Got up close and personal with some marvellous moths
- Met Mac, Hamish and Dougal, our three awesome conservation Highland Cattle
- Iolo and Lizzie shared some of YOUR wild pictures from around the reserve
- Stepped back in time and explored the fascinating history of the reserve
- And finally, we asked YOU to guess the mammal skull!
For us, this year, 30 Days Wild saw the launch of our Instagram bitesize series called #WILDBytes.
WILD Bytes is a bitesize IGTV series on our social media that explores the weird, wonderful and wicked welsh wildlife. Narrated by our awesome team, we delve into some of the incredibly invaluable habitats and species in Wales that need our protection.
Catch up on the series via our Instagram here or YouTube Channel.
We also had some fantastic Instagram takeovers from YOU!
We caught up with Megan Bird and discussed how to make your own bee and bug hotels, why planting wildflowers is important to insects and delved into the lifecycle of solitary bees. Megan Joined us for three takeovers.
We also had a takeover from Rose Fisher from Breath of Life Yoga and Salt and Light Retreats in Gower. Rose took us through a day in her life, discussed the benefits she feels by immersing herself in nature and why we should all make time to discover doorstep wildlife.
To view these takeovers, visit our Instagram account and view our 30 Days Wild Highlight.
We hope you enjoyed 30 Days Wild with us, we always do! We look forward to celebrating with you again next year.
Madi, Digital Comms Officer