The Wildlife Trust’s award winning Real Food Café at The Welsh Wildlife Centre in Cilgerran near the Historic town of Cardigan is coming to Bridgend.
Head Chef Gareth Williams is bringing a fresh new homemade specials menu to the café here at the Parc Slip Visitors Centre.
Check out our Specials Board in the visitor centre café for a daily selection from the following;
· Pembrokeshire Pie, an open pie of bacon, leeks, potatoes & herbs topped with cheddar cheese.
· Salmon fishcakes flavoured with fresh dill & served with tartar sauce.
· Turkish style courgette & feta fritters, naturally gluten & wheat free.
· Bean burgers served with homemade tomato sauce.
· A variety of homemade quiches featuring seasonal vegetables & local cheeses.
· Our Ploughman’s lunches choose from, tasty ham, ham & cheddar cheese or two cheese featuring tasty cheddar & Pant Mawr farmhouse cheese.
All served with a selection of our homemade salads.
We will also have a new selection of homemade cakes on offer, all of them firm favourites with our customers at The Glasshouse Café. We are sure that they will soon become your favourites too.
- Coconut bakewell tart
- Indian spiced carrot cake
- Plum & almond tart
- Chocolate, orange & almond cake (Gluten & wheat free)
- Sticky date cake (Vegan)
- Traditional lemon drizzle cake
Parc Slip Visitor Centre’s Supervisor, Tom Richards said:
“I am looking forward to welcoming visitors old & new to try our new homemade specials including the every popular Pembrokeshire Pie & my personal favourite our bean burgers. We also have a delicious new selection of cakes including Plum & almond tart, naturally gluten free chocolate, orange & almond sponge & our vegan sticky date cake with toffee sauce.”
We look forward to welcoming you all to try our new specials and existing Parc Slip favourites including sandwiches, wraps, paninis & our famous bacon butties. We also have a children’s menu available for hungry little mouths too.
All profits from our café go to fund our vital conservation work across Wales.
From 30th July onward our Visitors Centre including the café will be open seven days a week, right through the autumn half term up to and including the 2nd November. We also have a number of wild events on throughout the summer and autumn as well. Visit www.welshwildlife.org/events to find our more.