There are little things that we can all do this winter to ensure that the colder season is easier for our local wildlife friends. Here are a few suggestions...
- Pop out bird feeders full of delicious seeds
- Floating a tennis ball in a pond, or source of water, will prevent it from freezing over
- Let your garden grow wild for invertebrates and small mammals
- Download our free guide on how to build a hedgehog home
- Create a cosy log and/or leaf pile for frogs, toads and newts
A few things to remember:
Be sure not too leave out too much food so that your wildlife friends don't become dependant on handouts.
Ensure that your bird feed is bought from somewhere reputable and that it doesn't contain any harmful chemicals. Vine House Farm provide good bird feed and some of their profit gets donated to The Wildlife Trusts!
And make sure you're not encouraging your wildlife friends to cross busy roads in order to get to a source of food, water and/or shelter.