Opening Times The shop and cafe are open from 10 am (seven days a week. closing 5pm high season, 4pm low season) open until the 20 December, closed for Christmas week 2017, reopening New Year’s Day 2018 Telephone: 01239 621600 E-mail: The Welsh Wildlife Centre
the wonders of the nature at The Welsh Wildlife Centre and Teifi Marshes Nature Reserve… your perfect day out in Pembrokeshire
Families will love exploring our nature trails on foot or two wheels, playing in the adventure playground, discovering our willow maze, meeting our resident water buffalo and friendly giant willow badger.
Our Adventure Backpacks provide a variety of fun filled activities including our unique geocaching trail.
Meet New Friends…
of the furry, slimy and wooden kind… friends come in all shapes and sizes at the Welsh Wildlife Centre! Look our for exciting and interactive activities and events throughout the year to get up close and personal with some amazing creatures.
Memories Are Made…
you’ll never forget your first sighting of a beautiful kingfisher from one of our many bird observation hides or when you witness a family of otters playing in the Teifi River whilst enjoying a secluded family picnic. The nature reserve is home to some of the most wonderful flora and fauna in the UK and it’s yours to experience, enjoy and reminisce.
Stay with us and enjoy the nature reserve after hours. Our Oak Tree Cottage (also known as the Cwtch) is a delightful and cosy cottage for families. You can book online or call us here at The Welsh Wildlife Centre.
Go WILD for Our Food
The iconic award winning Welsh Wildlife Centre is home to the wonderful Glasshouse Cafe… why not be our guest and sample our delicious delights of our homecooked menu whilst relaxing and enjoying the amazing panoramic views of the beautiful Teifi Marshes Nature Reserve. Dogs are welcome in the outdoor cafe seating areas. Did we mention the cake?… yum!
If you are thinking of taking your dog along with you to Teifi Marshes, please read and conform to our guidelines for dog walking on nature reserves. This will help us to keep the nature reserves a safe place for wildlife and people.
Join us for Christmas Lunch this December– the food at the Glasshouse Cafe is just wonderful, fresh and locally sourced – book now. We can accommodate group bookings as well, contact us for more information.
The Welsh Wildlife Centre
- FREE car park for members and residents living in the SA43 and SA37 postcode areas – please bring proof of residency and fill in a short application form
- FREE entry
- Licensed restaurant selling gorgeous homemade and local food, stunning cakes and ice cream
- Male, female and accessible toilets
- Shop and display rooms with great exhibitions telling you about the local wildlife
- An events programme, with activities including wildlife surveys and guided walks, is running from the Visitor Centre.
- Friendly staff and volunteers, who can answer any questions you have about the reserve.
- The Glasshouse Cafe is also available for private hire.
It is also now possible to rent our conference facilities in the Harlow Room at the Welsh Wildlife Centre, a fantastic venue for any meeting!
From Cardigan Town Centre
follow the one way system round, turning off left out of town by the Bus Station. At the large roundabout take the 3rd exit onto the A487, at the next roundabout take the 1st exit onto the A478, turn left towards Cilgerran Castle and Cilgerran village, then turn left onto Church street and bear left onto an un-named road with the Welsh Wildlife Centre sign ahead.
From Newcastle Emlyn & Carmarthen
follow the A484. At the roundabout, at the entrance to Cardigan, take the 1st exit on to the A487 over the river. At the next roundabout, take the first exit onto the A478. After a mile and a half in Pen-y-bryn, turn left towards Cilgerran Castle and Cilgerran village. Half a mile later, turn left onto Church street and bear left onto an un-named road with the Welsh Wildlife Centre sign ahead.
The 430 and 390 buses travel between Cardigan and Cilgerran and then there is a walk to the reserve and visitor centre.
Alternatively it is possible to walk across the reserve from Cardigan.
A useful bus timetable from Ceredigion Council will help you plan your journey (please note we cannot be held responsible for the accuracy of external websites)
Stay in touch
For further information on the Welsh Wildlife Centre Pembrokeshire please call 01239 621600 or email
The Welsh Wildlife Centre Team
Come and find us on Facebook or on Twitter @WelshWildlife.
If you are a local resident it is possible to sign up to our SA43 and SA37 park for free scheme and membership e-newsletter, please contact us to find out more.
- Halloween Hoot at the Welsh Wildlife Centre! Have a Halloween Hoot at the Welsh Wildlife Centre this Autumn Half Term! The Centre has a whole host of events and activities happening throughout the week, including some spooktacular Halloween themed activities. On Monday 30 October, Silent World will be visiting with their fantastic beasts. Find out all about their way of life and where they ...
- Get Your Wildlife Trusts Christmas Cards & 2018 Calendar Now! Delight your loved ones this Christmas with these sublime Wildlife Trusts Christmas cards, featuring outstanding images of British Wildlife enjoying the festive season! The cards come in large mixed packs of 10 featuring 5 different images. The message inside each card reads ‘Happy Christmas’ and each pack comes with 10 white envelopes. All materials used are ...
- Christmas & New Year’s Day at The Glasshouse Café Festive Fare amidst the flora & fauna of the Teifi Marshes. Enjoy a festive treat amidst the tree tops in The Welsh Wildlife Centre’s Glasshouse Café, tuck in to fabulous home made festive fare while taking the chance to survey the stunning Teifi Marshes Nature Reserve. The Autumn and Winter months are a very rewarding time to ...
- Go WILD for our Glasshouse Café this Autumn Our iconic and award winning Welsh Wildlife Centre is home to the wonderful Glasshouse Café. Visitors are invited to be our guest and sample our delicious home-cooked delights whilst enjoying the amazing panoramic views of the beautiful Teifi Marshes Nature Reserve, River Teifi and mature oak woodland. Four legged friends are also welcome in the ...
About the Welsh Wildlife Centre – inside and out
- Lift Upgrade works at The Welsh Wildlife Centre The lift at the Welsh Wildlife Centre is to undergo full refurbishment starting on Thursday 4th May. This will mean that from this date for a period of several weeks there will be some disruption to normal disabled access to The Visitors Centre. Alternative disabled access will be from the main car park via the Explorer ...
- Glasshouse Café Christmas Menu 2016 at the Welsh Wildlife Centre The Glasshouse Café has now produced their delicious Christmas Menu for 2016. This will be served between Saturday 26 November and Tuesday 20 December 2016. Booking is essential and menu choices are required two weeks in advance of the date of your meal along with £7 deposit per person. Please click on Glasshouse Café Christmas Menu 2016 for ...
- Welsh Wildlife Centre Wins Gold! The Wildlife Trusts’ Welsh Wildlife Centre, Cilgerran has won the prestigious Visit Wales ‘Gold’ Award for outstanding customer service and facilities. Located in the heart of the beautiful Teifi Marshes Nature Reserve, the award winning and iconic Welsh Wildlife Centre is home to the Glasshouse Café, Wildlife Trust gift shop and interactive family interpretation area. Mark ...
- Christmas craft fund raising day at The Welsh Wildlife Centre On Saturday 12th December in conjunction with Hedgely Hogspital we will be holding a joint fund raising children’s craft day at The Visitors Centre here in Cilgerran. Hedgely Hogspital are a hedgehog rescue and rehabilitation charity covering the local area. We will have a range of fun Christmas craft activities available including wreath making, Christmas tree ...
- Welsh Wildlife Centre News There is always something happening in this fantastic visitor centre or out on the reserve. Whether you are a wildlife expert and want to watch the over wintering birds or you are a family looking for something special to do. From willow sculptures to cycle trails, playgrounds to pole barns, there is always something to ...
- The Four Seasons There is always a chance to something of interest at Teifi Marshes and the Welsh Wildlife Centre, no matter what the season. Spring: In spring as the first blushes of life are being seen at the Welsh Wildlife Centre there is a chance to see bluebells in flower blossom along the wooded pathways the first of the dragonflies emerging Summer: butterflies, including ...
- Facilities for people with disabilities The Welsh Wildlife Centre and surrounding Teifi Marsh nature reserve has so much to stimulate the senses and much of it can be accessed by people of all abilities. All the senses will be stimulated by coming to the Welsh Wildlife Centre and exploring around the site. Parking is available up by the Welsh Wildlife Centre ...
- How to find us Teifi Marsh bridges the village of Cilgerran and the town of Cardigan, with the Welsh Wildlife Centre sitting in these stunning surroundings. There is parking with a small charge (this does not apply to members or local residents in the SA43 scheme). The Cardi Bach cycle route runs through the reserve, linking Cardigan to Cilgerran. From ...
- Glasshouse Cafe Dishes Glasshouse Café open 10 am – 5pm (hot food served 12noon – 2.30pm) Our café has a daily specials board which changes according to the seasonality and availability of our ingredients. You can always be sure that the dishes we produce are homemade, fresh and tasty.l Typical dishes may include: Soups – always homemade, always a vegetarian option ...