Visitor Centre and Coffee Shop Opening Times
Tuesday – Sunday from 10am until 4pm, from 30th July to 2nd November the centre will be open 7 days a week (closed over the Christmas period – please phone to confirm when) Telephone 01656 724100 E-mail: Parc Slip Wildlife Trust Visitor Centre
The 300 acre Parc Slip Wildlife Trust Nature Reserve with its Wildlife Trust Visitor Centre has something for everyone. As this is a nature reserve we ask that all dog walkers keep their dogs on a lead at all times.
A variety of different habitat types supporting many different species for wildlife enthusiast, a safe area for families to discover and enjoy nature, well -maintained traffic-free cycle tracks, including a 4km stretch of Sustrans National Cycle Route 4 for cyclists and over 10km of tracks for dog walking, with water and free dog waste bags available at in the car park and at the Visitor Centre.
There are accessible paths on the Nature Reserve for wheelchairs, walking sticks and for those with sight problems. The Centre and Coffee Shop are fully accessible.
We have a number of wildlife events and activities taking place from the centre, including weekly Reptile Rambles. Visit the website pages for the full events list.
The Coffee Shop is open from Tuesday to Sunday, 10am until 4pm. From 30th July to 2nd November the visitor centre will be open 7 days a week, 10am until 4pm. Come and join us for a walk and follow it up with coffee and cake, watching the birds from the comfort of an armchair!
Our Coffee Shop is developing its range of food, come along and try some gorgeous homemade soups, there are many vegetarian and vegan options as well as more traditional meat options. And of course there is always cake.
If you are thinking of taking your dog along with you to a nature reserve, please read and conform to our guidelines for dog walking on nature reserves. This will help us to keep the nature reserves a safe place for wildlife and people.
The Parc Slip Wildlife Trust Visitor Centre
- FREE car park
- FREE entry
- Coffee Shop serving sandwiches, cakes and hot and cold drinks
- Male, female and accessible toilets
- Discovery Room with exhibitions, videos, nature table and more. This room is available for hire, please contact us for details on 01656 726992.
- An events programme, with activities including wildlife surveys and guided walks, is running from the Visitor Centre.
- Friendly Parc Slip Ambassadors, who can answer any questions you have about the reserve.
From Junction 36 of the M4, at the roundabout take the exit onto the A4063 towards Maesteg. Go through two sets of traffic lights, then at the roundabout, take the second exit onto the B4281 (signposted Aberkenfig and Pyle), following the brown duck tourist sign for Parc Slip.
After approximately one mile, turn right at the Fountain Restaurant onto Fountain Road, still following the brown duck signs. Parc Slip Nature Reserve and Wildlife Trust Visitor Centre is on your left after approximately half a mile.
Please be aware that the satellite navigation systems may direct you onto New Road. The Visitor Centre is located on Fountain Road (signposted Fountain).
The nearest train station to Parc Slip Nature Reserve is Tondu. Leaving Tondu station, head down the road, past the Railway Club and join Bryn road, heading right.
At the cross roads, go right, under the bridge and past Lidl to the Methodist Church. Just past the church, on the left, take the pathway which leads into the woods.
Follow the path straight, going over a board walk, and past the picnic bench until you come out on Fountain Road, opposite the Wildlife Trust Visitor centre.
Stay in touch
To receive the Parc Slip Nature Reserve E-Newsletter, sign up here
Contact 01656 726992 or on weekends please ring 01656 726993
Parc Slip Visitor Centre,
Fountain Road, Tondu
Latest News from Parc Slip
- Bringing you the best from The West! West Wales that is! The Wildlife Trust’s award winning Real Food Café at The Welsh Wildlife Centre in Cilgerran near the Historic town of Cardigan is coming to Bridgend. Head Chef Gareth Williams is bringing a fresh new homemade specials menu to the café here at the Parc Slip Visitors Centre. Check out our Specials Board in the visitor centre café ...
- Coffee Shop Assistant Vacancy at Parc Slip We’re recruiting at The Wildlife Trust of South and West Wales’ Parc Slip Visitor Centre and Nature Reserve in Bridgend. We’re looking for a Coffee Shop Assistant. Overall Purpose of the Job To deliver and maintain a high standard of service and customer care To serve at the counter, including taking orders, making drinks, preparing food, selling Trust ...
- Important Information for Dog Owners at Parc Slip At Parc Slip Nature Reserve we welcome responsible dog owners. We want the Nature Reserve to be a place that is safe and enjoyable for all our visitors. As a Nature Reserve, Parc Slip must also, first and foremost, be a refuge for wildlife. Therefore, we now require dogs to be kept on leads during all times. There ...
- Afternoon Delight! This spring, why not take a leisurely stroll around our beautiful Parc Slip nature reserve, Bridgend and finish off your walk at our Wildlife Trust coffee shop where an afternoon delight awaits! New for 2017, our coffee shop will be serving scrumptious afternoon tea including a selection of delicious homemade cakes, finger sandwiches and cream teas. ...
- The Parc Slip Scrapes, 3 years on… It has been 3 years since the Wildlife Trust of South and West Wales teamed up with Natural Resources Wales (NRW) to create a new wetland habitat at Parc Slip Nature Reserve. In this exciting project we transformed over 3ha of improved agricultural field into a series of freshwater scrapes, to provide habitat for many species ...
- Parc Slip Receives Certificate of Excellence from Trip Advisor The Wildlife Trust of South and West Wales is extremely proud to announce that Parc Slip Nature Reserve and Visitor Centre has received a TripAdvisor® Certificate of Excellence. Now in its sixth year, the achievement celebrates hospitality businesses that have earned great traveller reviews on TripAdvisor over the past year. Certificate of Excellence recipients include accommodations, ...