Skomer has been closed to visitors for the 2020 season due to Covid-19
After 14 incredible weeks of LIVE broadcasting via our Wildlife Trust of South and West Wales and Skomer Island Facebook pages, the time has come to finally say goodbye to our Skomer LIVE series for 2020!
And what a series it has been! Since the start of the show in April we have…
- Produced over 14 episodes.
- Received over ¼ million views.
- Recorded 6,500 hours of live web camera footage.
- Launched ‘Running on the Waves’ - our very own fundraising song written and recorded by British singer songwriter David Gray!
- Welcomed 9 live guests on the show.
- Viewers from around the world including USA, Australia, Philippines, Austria, Germany, Canada, Aberdeen, France and Italy.
- Raised £110,000 raised for our emergency COVID19 Appeal!
None of this would have been possible without the dedication, passion, volunteering and love for the island from of our amazing Skomer LIVE dream team! They are… host and TV Wildlife Presenter Lizzie Daly, WTSWW Skomer Wardens Nathan Wilke and Sylwia Zbijewska, TV Wildlife Presenter Iolo Williams, Gina Gavigan WTSWW’s Marketing Manager, Lucy Houliston series Producer, Benjamin Harris Video Production and Digital Editing, Fabian Harrison series Producer. The team have managed deliver this exciting weekly show from around Wales and the UK with no budget! A big thank you to our 7 sponsors who covered the small production cost.
We really hope that everyone enjoyed series and a big thank you to everyone that made a donation to support the Trust through this difficult time.
Our Skomer Island Live Web Cameras are still in operation so you can still get your Skomer Island, Seals and Manx Shearwater fix throughout August! Web Camera links: