Archives

Glasbury Cutting

Glasbury Cutting - the old railway has been reclaimed by nature to create a wooded wildlife corridor

This nature reserve used to be part of the railway line from Brecon to Hereford. Parts of the railway were built along the line of the earlier 1818 Brecon to Eardisley horse-drawn tramroad that carried coal and wool. The railway company opened the line for steam in 1864. In 1962 the line closed and in 1970 it became a nature reserve.