Set in the magnificent Teifi Marshes Oak Tree Cottage or the Cwtch is a fairy tale place to stay.
See our latest blog posts at the bottom of the page – these are reviews from guests and staff who have experienced the cottage and reserve.
Oak Tree Cottage is the ideal holiday place for a couple’s retreat or a family holiday.
Children will love playing in the Cherry Tree Adventure Park, discovering the Willow Maze, exploring our fantastic Nature Trails on foot or two wheels, and meeting our resident Water Buffalo.
Adults will immediately unwind to the sounds of nature and enjoy the peace and tranquillity of this truly unique setting. The cottage is a haven for nature and wildlife enthusiasts, star gazers, walkers and cyclists.
Numerous bird hides found on the reserve allow for the opportunity to see a diversity of wildlife in a range of habitats from a sheltered location although patience is always key!
Oak Tree Cottage offers guests a cosy open plan living and kitchen area, one double bedroom, one twin room with bunk beds, bathroom with shower, off road parking, glorious walks with sweeping rural views. Please note there is no TV or WIFI in the cottage.
The kitchen has an electric oven, microwave and fridge. There is a fold out table and chairs or a picnic area outside in the garden.
Please book online or call us on 01239 621600
Follow @OakTreeCwtch on Twitter or find us on Facebook.
Tweets by @oaktreecwtch
PRICES 2018 (please ring for availability)
Three or seven night stays from Friday, four nights from Monday; low season £215 three or four night stays, £345 seven night stay; mid season £295 and £345 respectively, high season seven night stay only £575. Price includes gas central heating, electric and bedlinen.
Please note the following dates in 2018 have so far been booked:
Mon 12 March four nights
Fri 23 March four nights
Mon 2 April four nights
Fri 13 April seven nights
Mon 28 May four nights
Fri 20 July seven nights
Fri 27 July seven nights
Fri 24 August seven nights
Holiday Cottage Layout
Ground Floor – Sitting room and kitchen, double bedroom, bedroom with bunks, toilet and shower room.
Electric cooker, microwave, fridge, radio, picnic table. DVD player. No television or wifi.
Heating: Gas central heating included in price
Electricity: Included in price
Parking: Two cars.
Pets: Dogs by arrangement £3 a night each or £20 a week each.
Other reserves close by include Cardigan Island, Coed Maide B Goddard, Cemaes Head and Pengelli Forest On site there is also canoe hire and the Sustrans route Lon Teifi passes through the reserve. Nearby Cilgerran Castle is well worth a visit and is walking distance from the cottage. A walk across the beautiful reserve takes you to the town of Cardigan where there are some lovely places to eat if you don’t fancy cooking and two theatres as well as a cinema.
Latest Oak Tree Blog Posts by Guests and Staff at Oak Tree Cottage
- Go Wild and Wake Up With Wildlife In 2016! If your 2016 New Years resolution is to spend more quality time with your family and explore the great outdoors then look no further! Our Oak Tree Cottage – (the Cwtch) is the perfect Pembrokeshire holiday retreat for a couple or a family looking for something a little bit quirky! Nestled in the heart of the ...
- A Wild Spectacle Every autumn starlings flock together in massive numbers and can be seen swooping and swirling in their thousands before going down to roost in the reed bed at the Teifi Marshes. Early evening is the best time to see them and the café and meadow at the Welsh Wildlife Centre provides a fantastic view from ...
- Explore the Great Outdoors with Oak Tree Cottage and the Welsh Wildlife Centre! Oak Tree Cottage – (the Cwtch) is the perfect Pembrokeshire holiday retreat for a couple or a family looking for something a little bit quirky! The Cwtch is located in the heart of the beautiful Teifi Marshes Nature Reserve and The Welsh Wildlife Centre is but a stone’s throw away. It really is the perfect ...
- Beaver our guest at Oak Tree Cottage! Visitors to the Welsh Wildlife Centre and Teifi Marshes Nature Reserve had a real treat this weekend when they met the newest member of the Wildlife Trust of South & West Wales team…Hanc the Afanc! (Afanc is Welsh word for Beaver). Hanc was the ‘Welcome Ambassador’ at the Welsh Wildlife Centre and Oak Tree Holiday Cottage ...
- Magic at Oak Tree Cottage Fed up of staying in conventional accommodation, I was on the hunt for somewhere unique to stay to break up a trip up the west coast of Wales and really hoped for a chance to see some wildlife en-route. Oak Tree Cottage, which is located in the beautiful Welsh Wildlife Centre and Teifi Marshes Nature ...
- Welcome to Oak Tree Cottage! We cordially invite you to be our guest… Off the beaten track, nestled in the heart of the beautiful Welsh Wildlife Centre & Teifi Marshes Nature Reserve, Pembrokeshire, visitors will find the gorgeous Oak Tree Cottage or the ‘Cwtch’ as we like to call it! A brand new self catering holiday let that’s perfect for those ...