The Brecon Local Group is the newest in the WTSWW family of regional groups of wildlife enthusiasts.
From September to April indoor meetings are held on the fourth Tuesday of each month at the Muse, Brecon, LD3 7DW with talks on a wide variety of nature topics. In December there is a morning walk followed by a Christmas lunch.
May through to August there are field trips to a wide variety of places including the Trusts reserves and further afield.
For more information, contact Pauline Hill on 07957 292235 or email email@example.com
Sign-up to the Brecon Local Group email list Subscribe
6:00 am - 8:30 am
Treberfydd House, Brecon Powys
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Wye Valley Walk from Erwood
Erwood Craft Centre, Builth
Local Warden’s Blog
- Update from Sarah KessellUpdate from Sarah Kessell, WTSWW Chief Executive Officer. I think we are not alone in finding that the planning needed to get back to work after the Covid-19 lockdown is proving far more complex than it was to stop suddenly at the start of the lockdown. The length of the lockdown has meant that there is a ...
- Red Squirrels in Clywedog!Red squirrels have been surviving in an isolated area of mid Wales since before the incursion of American Greys. The Mid Wales Red Squirrel Partnership was founded in 2002 to protect our native red squirrels and learn more about them. Since then, the partnership has discovered a unique mid Wales haplotype through DNA work- proving ...
- Anti-social behaviour on Nature Reserves during lockdown!While the majority of people respect our precious nature reserves, unfortunately a minority do not. This can take up a lot of time for our Wildlife Trust of South and West Wales (WTSWW) staff dealing with the consequences of their anti-social behaviour. This usually involves littering, which before Covid19, was managed with the help of volunteers. ...
- Go Wild with The Wildlife Trust of South and West Wales this June!Can you do one wild thing a day throughout the whole of June? We believe you can! Join thousands of people taking part in our annual nature challenge, 30 Days Wild! Now more than ever it’s essential that we stay connected to nature, and 30 Days Wild is the perfect way to do this! We’re challenging ...
- An update from BrecknockBrecon Local Group mailing list achieves 100 subscribers! The Brecon Local Group achieved 100 subscribers in early January and continues to grow. A steady trickle has signed up via the link on the website page and through the meetings. The talks have continued to attract 30 to 40 people from as far afield as Ystradgynlais and ...
- Winter Bird Watch in Brecknock40 hardy people braved the wet weather to attend the Winter Bird Watch at Llangorse Lake. This annual event is a well established Brecknock favourite. Volunteer experts Andrew King and Keith Noble have lead groups from Ty Mawr to the water’s edge and along to the Llangasty Bird Hide for many years. Visibility wasn’t great this ...