Date(s) - 28 Oct 2017
11:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Orielton Field Centre
Last April the South Pembrokeshire Local Group’s Wader Walk event was cancelled due to bad weather, however we said that we would try again in the Autumn and Clive Hurford has kindly agreed to lead us.
We will meet up on Saturday 28th October at 11am at the Orielton Field Centre to organise car sharing, and then go on a search for waders around various locations on the Angle Peninsular.
If you would like to come please email Christine with your name and contact telephone number (in case of any last minute changes).
For those who aren’t familiar with the area here are the directions from the Foundry House, SA71 4DR:
- Take the B4319 sign posted to Angle and Valero opposite the Foundry House.
- Continue on this road for approx 1 mile, follow this road to Maidenwells, take the second exit at the new mini roundabout.
- After approx 3/4 of a mile there is a SLOW sign on the road and a signpost for the centre. The drive is 100 yards after this, signposted FSC Orielton.
- The first 918 yards of the drive is owned by Orielton Home Farm, and two automated gates have recently been installed – they will open automatically on approach. Please stop at the line painted on the drive and wait for the gate to open fully before moving. The gates will automatically close behind you. Pedestrians and cyclists should press the button located on the gatepost to the left of the drive to open the gates manually.
- Proceed slowly down the drive (there is a 20mph speed limit), taking care at the three speed ramps. Do not take the right turn signposted to the farm.
- Drive past the main house and follow the road as it curves round into the stable yard. Drive through the arch and park in the courtyard.
If you get lost, please call: 01646 623920 (the centre)