To celebrate The Wildlife Trusts’ National Marine Fortnight from Saturday 27th July to Sunday 11th August we have organised a number of events, so come and join in!
Saturday 27th July
Activity morning at Quay West Holiday Park, New Quay. From 10:30am
Sunday 28th July
• Get creative on the beach in our sand sculpture competition, 2-3pm on New Quay beach.
• Drop in and check out our marine animal skull and bone collection and see if you can identify the animals they came from *
• Make your own sea creature mask and other craft activities*
*Depending on the weather we’ll either be in our ground floor education room or outside the visitor centre on the grass.
Saturday 3rd August
• Beach clean on Traeth Gwyn, 10am-12pm. Meet at the steps. Equipment provided
Sunday 4th August
• As 28th July
Saturday 10th August
• Marine-themed story telling sessions at 11am, 12pm and 2pm. In English and Welsh
Sunday 11th August
• As 27th July
Activities are free of charge but donations are greatly appreciated to help cover the cost of materials.
Throughout the week we’ll also be running a name a dolphin raffle. Tickets cost £1 and all proceeds go to supporting our work.
Our education and activity room will be open during the fortnight so you can come in and learn more about our marvellous marine wildlife. Phone or check or facebook page for daily opening times.