Contact 01656 724100 or on weekends please ring 01656 726993
Winter Opening Hours:
Please note that the Visitor Centre and Coffee Shop will be closed from end of business on Sunday 22nd December and re-open on Tuesday 7th Jan except for a Winter Wildlife Walk on Saturday 28th December
The Visitor Centre and Coffee Shop will be closed on Thurs 12th Dec for the staff Christmas meal.
The September Parc Slip Newsletter can be downloaded here: Parc Slip Newsletter September 2013 (1.17MB)
- A variety of different habitat types supporting many different species for wildlife enthusiasts
- A safe area for families to discover and enjoy nature
- For cyclists, well-maintained traffic-free cycle tracks, including a 4km stretch of Sustrans National Cycle Route 4.
- Over 10km of tracks for dog walking, with water and free dog waste bags available at the Visitor Centre.
- Accessible paths on the Nature Reserve for wheelchairs, walking sticks and for those with sight problems. The Centre and Coffee Shop are fully accessible.
- FREE car park
- FREE entry
- Coffee Shop serving sandwiches, wraps, jacket potatoes, cakes and hot and cold drinks
- Male, female and accessible toilets
- Discovery Room with exhibitions, videos, nature table and more. This room is available for hire, please contact us for details on 01656 724100
- A new events programme, with activities including wildlife surveys and guided walks, is running from the Visitor Centre.
- Friendly Parc Slip Ambassadors, who can answer any questions you have about the reserve.
From Junction 36 of the M4, at the roundabout take the exit onto the A4063 towards Maesteg. Go through two sets of traffic lights, then at the roundabout, take the second exit onto the B4281 (signposted Aberkenfig and Pyle), following the brown duck tourist sign for Parc Slip. After approximately one mile, turn right at the Fountain Restaurant onto Fountain Road, still following the brown duck signs. Parc Slip Nature Reserve and Wildlife Trust Visitor Centre is on your left after approximately half a mile.
Please be aware that the satellite navigation systems may direct you onto New Road. The Visitor Centre is located on Fountain Road (signposted Fountain).
The nearest train station to Parc Slip Nature Reserve is Tondu. Leaving Tondu station, head down the road, past the Railway Club and join Bryn road, heading right. At the cross roads, go right, under the bridge and past Lidl to the Methodist Church. Just past the church, on the left, take the pathway which leads into the woods. Follow the path straight, going over a board walk, and past the picnic bench until you come out on Fountain Road, opposite the Wildlife Trust Visitor centre.