Become a member today and help protect the wildlife of South and West Wales.
Membership is our only stable source of income. By joining us today you will be helping to ensure that Wales’ wild places will be enjoyed for generations to come. You will make a difference!
Click below to read more.What Will I Receive as a Member? ...
Here’s what you’ll receive
- Access to all of our nature reserves including Free landing fees at the fantastic Skomer Island, Free access across National Trust land to access our Dinefwr Castle this is per member (you can access the castle and our woodlands for free from the road if you park in Llandeilo), and Free parking at the Welsh Wildlife Centre at Cilgerran.
- Early booking for volunteer places and accommodation at Skomer Island.
- Three issues of The Warbler, our own newsletter telling you all about local conservation news, inserted into this is also the Welsh Wildlife, our Wales wide magazine with the the latest news, features and photographs from the Wildlife Trusts in Wales.
- Three issues of The Natural World, The UK wide magazine featuring articles detailing essential conservation work, campaigns and photographs from across the British Isles.
- A welcome pack containing a guide to our reserves, an events guide, a local newsletter detailing progress on our recent work, magazines and a car sticker.
- A free monthly e-newsletter.
Additional treats for children and family members
In addition to everything you receive for individual membership if you join as a family you will benefit from Wildlife Watch membership for your children or grandchildren. Wildlife Watch is the junior branch of the Wildlife Trusts and opens up the world of wildlife to children.
With Family Membership children receive:
- Wildlife Watch magazine four times per year, containing lots of colourful photo’s, activities, games and a wall poster in each issue.
- A starter pack containing the Wildlife Watcher’s handbook, a membership card, a sticker sheet and badge.
- Access to the Wildlife Watch website with games, competitions, downloads and the ‘Badger’s Blog’.
- An email newsletter for children full of activities for the younger naturalist.
Why Become a Member? ...
Red squirrels, dolphins, harvest mice, ospreys, puffins, seals and so much more. You have some amazing wildlife on your doorstep and we have been protecting it for over 70 years.
Without the support of our members none of this would have been impossible.
By joining us you will make a difference
- Learn about your countryside.
- Experience wildlife first hand.
- Explore your local reserves.
- Discover amazing wildlife.
- Have fun with the whole family.
- Protect Welsh wildlife for the future.
- Enjoy free great days out.
- Make a real difference.
In the last few years The Wildlife Trust of South and West Wales has:
- managed over 80 of the most ecologically important nature reserves in Wales
- responded to hundreds of planning applications, in order to protect the local environment from potentially harmful development
- campaigned for Marine Protected Areas and has fought both the logic and policies which undervalues wildlife and is prepared to sacrifice it for short term gain
- educated thousands of children and adults of all abilities about the wonders of the natural world on their doorsteps
- run hundreds of inspiring events for all ages
- campaigned tirelessly against an poorly researched blanket cull of badgers in Pembrokeshire whilst working closely with WAG to support the development of alternatives to culling such as vaccination
- worked shoulder to shoulder with landowners entrusted with wildlife rich habitats to help them keep them healthy and safe for the future
You can join either by calling us at the office on 01656 724 100, and pay by credit card, and ask for Nic, Jane or Jon or online by clicking one of the options below or via Direct Debit.