Discover nature through play, adventure, creativity & reflection.
Let our passion become your passion as we help you explore this wonderful wildlife gem on the banks of the Teifi river, just outside Cardigan.
What are we about?
We protect, conserve and sustain the wide range of habitats and species; for our future and for the future of wildlife in Wales.
We inspire people to become more aware and informed of the incredible natural world in this glorious setting and hope they will take a little bit of that inspiration home.
What makes us a bit special?
The wide range of habitats to explore including; the river, ponds & reedbeds, dry meadows, wet and dry woodland.
A huge diversity of wildlife packed into a small area; particularly the birds, dragonflies, flora and fauna all in one fabulous place.
“Teifi Marshes is one of the best wetland reserves in Wales and one of the few places in the UK to enjoy a close encounter with the resident water buffalo.” BBC Wales
The ever growing ways we are making your visit one to treasure, both outdoors and inside our iconic award winning building with its panoramic 360 degree views (and it’s FREE to come in).
Thanks to Fforest for sharing this link with us.
What can we offer?
A birdwatcher or nature enthusiast?
A wonderful opportunity to watch over wintering birds, wetland birds, shy mammals and gorgeous flowers in spring and summer.
Species you may see include otter, kingfisher, bittern, hen harrier, lapwing, curlew, brown hairstreak butterfly and hornet robber-fly.
Someone who lives just down the road?
A relaxing stroll, energetic hike or invigorating bike ride….rewarded with some real food in a stunning setting,….and secluded places to pause, snooze or reflect on the way home
A great place for parents to bring children…. whether it’s outside letting loose in the adventure play area and exploring the four nature trails or inside doing activities in the Learning through Play area and watching wildlife films.
And joining the SA43 scheme gives you free parking as well as discounts in the café and shop. (To find out more about the SA43 scheme please contact The Welsh Wildlife Centre Team or phone 01239 621600)
Someone visiting the area on holiday?
A place where families can really slow down, but have so much fun together; immersed in an unspoilt natural setting, where there are so many habitats to explore all in one place, on foot or by bike
A great family day out; with both indoor and outdoor activities, an ever changing list of events to join in on and so much information to help you get the most out of your visit.
Fabulous food focussing on local specialities high up in the Glasshouse Café looking out right across the wildlife reserve; and a gift shop for mementos or things to try out at home to support wildlife.
“What a fantastic place this is….You’ve got absolutely everything” Iolo Williams (Naturalist and BBC presenter on Springwatch) about Teifi and the Welsh Wildlife Centre
What you do for us when you visit us?
- Share in our passion for this wonderful place
- Any money you spend will be reinvested in the area as we buy locally and employ locally
- Help us support a real future for wildlife in Wales
What we hope you will get from your visit?
- Have a sense of what we do here and how it helps to sustain all life
- Feel more engaged in some way with the natural world through your personal experience
- Like the ripples in a pond, in some small way spread pass on or act upon your experience here
How we are set up and funded?
- We are part of a charity, The Wildlife Trust of South and West Wales, which is an idependent charity. We work with all the Wildlife Trusts across Britain to give wildlife a real future.
- But we have the independence to focus on local needs
- We are flexible and can take action quickly
- And before too long, we want to stand on our own two feet financially, and cover our costs from the services we offer