We are looking for a catering assistant to help on the following days:
Monday, Thursday & Sunday with some Wednesdays and possible extra days as required.
Closing date for applications: 18th October, with interviews at WWC Saturday 26th October
OVERALL PURPOSE OF JOB
To prepare food during daily service and assist in the general duties of the café and to cater for customer needs
- To assist with allocated food preparation including, the baking of cakes, preparing salads, children’s food and snacks including Panini’s and filled baguettes.
- To follow recipes and adhere to portion control standards set down by the Head Chef
- To deliver and maintain a high standard of food service and customer care
- To assist with counter service, dealing with customers, taking orders and payments and making refreshments when necessary
- To maintain the kitchen and front of house facilities to a high standard of cleanliness
- To assist with the overall cleaning at all times and deep clean of the kitchen as required
- To comply with health and safety, and food hygiene requirements and to ensure all others around you are following procedures
- To monitor stocks and advise the Chef of any items that may be running low
- To close down the kitchen and front of house areas at the end of the day
- To assist with deliveries, washing up and waiting on when necessary
- To undertake other duties appropriate to the post that may be requested from time to time by the Line Management